Recipe of the Month
Butter Fudge Cookies – delicious, and simple to make!
225g (8oz) butter, softened
225g (8oz) dark brown soft sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
300g (10½oz) unsifted plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
170g (6oz) Copperpot Butter Fudge, chopped into small cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/356F/Gas 4.
2. Lightly grease 2 large baking trays.
3. In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt, then add this to the creamed mixture in step 3.
5. Stir in the fudge pieces.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto the pre-greased baking trays.
7. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, until edges are nicely brown.
Makes: approx 4 dozen cookies